Submitted by sucko on Thu, 10/21/2010 - 11:51
* stuff left for broad
* stuff left for broad
** sync script for our dev setup
** confirm dev setup
* consider moving /var/lib/nfs dirs
** configure setting in /etc/default/nfs-common
** configure setting in /etc/idmap.d
* kernel opts worth setting for xen/standard
** pci=nomsi (if pcix interrupts are causing issues [3.0.0-1 + intel GBeth/gbd driver)
** pcie_aspm=off (advanced power management pcie features, similar scenario as above)
** nmi_watchdog=0 (if watchdog hooks for CPUs are acting up at top of dmesg)
** iommu=1 (xen hypervisor opt to enable iommu if motherboard supports it)
* purge outdated databases on dev db server
* further secure using ssl/tls where possible
** ldap server?
* kill application data folder for windows users
* finish ruby server setup
* debconf settings outdated entirely?
* ln for /matrix on dfarm?
* mail.matrix.msu.edu autodetect pointing to h-net stuff for matrix.msu.edu mail?
* id/group resolution on macs
* copy machine ldap
** works using ldap1.matrix.msu.edu !!!!!!!!!!
** won't work using ldap2.matrix.msu.edu (matrixdc03)
** ldapro.system account had options changed
*** don't require kerberos pre-auth (because the fucking logs were complaining)
*** support des/128/256 enc types also currently set because it said trying type '3' which isn't supported
*** see article http://pig.made-it.com/kerberos-etypes.html for more info on 'types' which seems to indicate it's trying des
* system times for sonic/tails (this is done, cept dom04 still starts with system time and not checking server on reboot)
* For New Domain
** remove DNS print.ad.matrix.msu.edu?
* mdadm.conf should have e-mail address set so degraded array msgs get sent to useful people
* when monthly updates update minor kernel version it fails to build
* sysctl possible parameters
* acpid - disable if no laptop/+keyboard special keys
* when db is last accessed audit for our live and dev dbs
* improve how php does it's logging
** current work at peach:/etc/rsyslog.d/php.conf to redirect the right user log filter for php
** gets other info as well
* fix perms of /matrix/www after the permission change cock-up
* E2 stuff that's left
** binlongs no backup
** useful URL info to documentation
** Tor stats backlog processing
** pw-protect stats.everything2?
** duplicate mysql-zrm schedule created on webha, NO idea why??
** kill of low/std ssh port on everything2 public iface
** other stuff on zim, document the ext eth iface setup
* Bill Schoenl's computer, contact at 351-0456
** Done by end of Apr
** overlap w/ new student in Feb & March
* lalorc site has db on wrong server for survey (no longer an issue cause they moved hosting)